The annual conference of the Pacific Northwest Renaissance Society (PNRS) has long offered a particularly collegial and supportive atmosphere, whether you’re a graduate student, early career scholar, or longer term member of the profession. The 2022 PNRS annual conference plans to bring us back together for terrific and timely plenaries, dynamic sessions, and an ideal location for early autumn: the beautiful town of Banff in the Canadian Rockies, 15 - 18 September 2022.
Call for Papers: Renaissance Landscapes
Banff Park Lodge Resort, Banff, Alberta
September 15 - 18, 2022
- Professor Mary Floyd-Wilson, UNC Chapel Hill
- Professor Janelle Jenstad, University of Victoria
Given the shifting parameters of 2021, we welcome proposals for papers, panels, roundtables, or other formats that accomodate both in-person and remote participation. Topics may, but need not, include:
- how spaces relate to literary represnetations and political or philosophical ideas
- how places confront or support artistic and literary conventions
- how performance embody issues associated with spaces and places
Interested in becoming a member? Renewal is coming up! If you have a few spare minutes before June 4, please do take this survey to help the PNRS understand what to prioritize in our attention to web-presence and needs. Questions in the meantime? Contact PNRS president Dr. Heather Easterling (email).