We hope you’ll join us at the following sessions and events, part of the annual meeting of the MLA in Chicago, IL, January 9 to 12, 2014.
Session 657. Spectatorship & Reception in Early Drama – A Roundtable
Saturday, January 11, 5:15 – 6:30 PM
Location: Arkansas, Sheraton Cicago
Chair: Carolyn E. Coulson-Grigsby (Shenandoah University)
Panelists will address spectatorship and reception of French, English, and Italian dramatic practices. With discussions of the reception of gesture, music, magic, staging, and the use of intermediaries, we seek to advance the discussion of the role of spectator in medieval and early modern performance.
- Francesca Bortoletti (University of Minnesota, Twin Cities)
- Katherine Brokaw (University of California, Merced)
- David Hershinow (Johns Hopkins University)
- Jasmine Lellock (University of Maryland, College Park)
- Anna Amelia Raff (New York University)
- Respondent: Lofton Durham (Western Michigan University)